The Museum of Sex seeks a dynamic, engaged and experienced Store Manager.
The Museum of Sex is a dynamic, forward thinking institution dedicated to opening discourse and exchange around the topic of human sexuality. We are located in the heart of New York City. The Museum of Sex is seeking a Store Manager for our flagship store on 5th Avenue.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this position:
- Responsible for daily operation of the store by organizing and prioritizing all operational functions.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of the merchandise: features, benefits to maximize sales opportunity.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly and consistently communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured.
- Constantly evaluates the training needs of the staff. Strategically implements new training modules as needed.
- Maintain regular coaching and development process; complete annual performance appraisals as per company direction.
- Partner with Head of Operations and Retail Strategy Director to develop business, driving initiatives that build repeat business and attract new customers to the store.
- Implements company policies and procedures.
- Helps to maintain a high level of visual standards.
- Passionate about customer experience and environment.
- Consistent “can-do” attitude. Willing to take on additional projects.
- Maintains a consistent presence on sales floor.
- Development of stock handling and processing procedures.
- Excellent verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Solid skills in MS Office suite of programs.
- Comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial, “roll-up-one’s sleeves” environment
- Strong interpersonal, customer service skills, detailed oriented and selling initiatives.
- Proficient in POS database maintenance, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and special events.
- Proven highly successful sales track record in solution based selling.
- High level of values ethics and trust.
- The ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Excellent team player and builder
- Must have recent Assistant Manager / Management experience in a similar environment
- Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail industry
- 3+ years experience in Retail Management
- High School Diploma or BA/BS degree
Please email a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.