MoSEX seeks Security Guards for our museum and retail store. Much more than a place for exciting exhibits, the Museum of Sex also presents a dazzling range of products for its patrons and is in the process of building its brand. We are seeking candidates with excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and the ability to handle all situations in a calm and capable manner.
As a Security Guard, daily tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Patrolling assigned areas
- Effectively handling escalated situations
- Allowing entry into the Museum
- Assisting museum visitors, explaining policies, providing directions throughout the Museum and store.
- Guarding artifacts and ensuring their safety
- Maintain the appearance of the Museum
- Opening and Closing the Museum
- Applicants should be capable of standing for an entire shift.
- Applicants should be professional looking, punctual, hard working, organized and adaptable individuals.
- Applicants should be able to effectively deescalate a situation.
- Applicants should be problem solvers and possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- It is mandatory that candidate arrive on time for scheduled shifts. Tardiness will not be tolerated.
- Must be available weekends.
- Compensation: starting @ $9/hr
Minimum Experience: 1 + years
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail/security industry
MUST HAVE A VALID NY SECURITY GUARD LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE.
Please provide a current resume and cover letter describing your attention to detail and your ability to adapt and be flexible in all situations to firstname.lastname@example.org.