MoSEX seeks inspired Retail Manager.
The Museum of Sex is a dynamic, forward thinking institution dedicated to opening discourse and exchange around the topic of human sexuality. We are located in the heart of New York City. The Museum of Sex is seeking a retail store manager for their flagship store on 5th Avenue.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Responsible for daily operation of the store by organizing and prioritizing all operational functions.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of the merchandise: features, benefits to maximize sales opportunity.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly and consistently communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured.
- Constantly evaluates the training needs of the staff. Strategically implements new training modules as needed.
- Maintain regular coaching and development process; complete annual performance appraisals as per company direction.
- Partner with Head of Operations and Retail strategy Director to develop business, driving initiatives that build repeat business and attract new customers to the store.
- Implements company policies and procedures.
- Helps to maintain a high level of visual standards.
- Passionate about customer experience and environment.
- Consistent “can-do” attitude. Willing to take on additional projects.
- Maintains a consistent presence on selling floor.
Minimum Experience: 3+ years experience in Retail Management
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or BA/BS degree
Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail industry
SPECIAL EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER COMMENTS:
Excellent verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
Solid skills in MS Office suite of programs.
Comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial, “roll-up-one’s sleeves environment
Strong interpersonal, customer service skills, detailed oriented and selling initiatives.
Proficient in POS database maintenance, MS Office, and Outlook.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and special events.
Proven highly successful sales track record in solution based selling.
Excellent communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
High level of values ethics and trust.
The ability to think quickly on your feet.
You are a team player.
MUST HAVE RECENT ASSISTANT MANAGER/MANAGER EXPERIENC